They are some of the most heinous acts a human being can commit. If you are accused or charged with committing a sex crime, it can carry severe life-long consequences. Utah has some of the harshest penalties for sex crimes in the nation. Charges of rape, child molestation and child pornography can leave your life in shambles. Do not fight these charges alone. It is vital to seek immediate legal counsel from an experienced Salt Lake City sex crimes attorney that can protect your rights and look after your best interests. I am criminal defense attorney Catherine Cleveland. Over the last 15 years, I have successfully represented countless people who were accused sex crimes and helped them regain or maintain their freedom.
Sex crimes carry a heavy price. Not only could you face years in prison, your name is permanently stained. It is vital to clear your name as quickly as possible. As a Salt Lake City sex crimes defense lawyer, I utilize a vast amount of legal resources to help my clients achieve the best results. Over the years, I have represented men and women from all walks of life for the following cases.
Salt Lake Sex Crimes Defense Strategy
As an experienced Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney, I am fully committed to providing the highest level of defense for my clients. Accusations of a sex crime can damage your reputation. It can feel like the entire world is against you. Over the years, I have helped my clients overcome the following obstacles:
- False Charges: Far too many people are the victims of false charges brought by the police or an angry and spiteful accuser. What was thought to be consensual sex can suddenly turn into allegations of rape.
- Entrapment: This occurs when you are placed in a situation to commit a crime you would normally not commit.
- Computer Hacking: Many people are falsely accused of child pornography due to hacking of their computer systems. A hacker can illegally download pornographic photos into your hard drive and make your life miserable.
- False Memory Syndrome: This often happens when a child accuses an adult of a sex crime. When a child is asked questions by an adult, it can cause them to remember or say things that did not happen.
- Illegal Search & Seizure: Evidence confiscated by the police without a proper search warrant is not admissible in court.
Contact A Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Lawyer Today
To discuss your defense options with me, contact my office online. I am also available by phone at 801-783-3488 or toll free at 877-753-1247
CRIMINAL DEFENSE IS ALL I DO
My exclusive focus as a Salt Lake City criminal defense lawyer has helped me perfect successful legal strategies that are proven to be effective in Utah Courts. Throughout the years, I have achieved a history of favorable results by helping hundreds of people successfully reduce or avoid criminal charges. My clients’ positive testimonials tell their stories.